close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

GMR, Stillwater, Carriage Hill 07-06-08

Discussion in 'Southwest Ohio Fishing Reports' started by Bigun, Jul 6, 2008.

1. Myself, HookUpFishOn, and anoher buddy of his Tim hit these three pieces of water today, Tried the GMR near 571 in Tippcity (Our first time on this streatch) pretty tough to wade, Might be a little high still, 1 Smally about 6 inchs long and HookUp had something on for a few that was deffinitly decent but lost it after about 15 seconds without getting us a look.

Then off to the stillwater just north of dayton. we managed five smallmouths the biggest about 12-13" the fish were sitting in the slower pools between riffles, along the shores, and all but one came on cranks or inline spinners. not a bad wade, The water seemed a little bit up here to.

To end the day we decided to attempt some panfish at Carriage Hill Metro park, with no success. (2 fish both about 4")

All in all a good day but the bite was a little bit tough, How did everybody else do on their long weekend?

2. Tall cool one

Tall cool one strictly flyfishing

Yeah,it's flowing around 800cfs right now,a bit high for this time of year but the fish are peppy! Went for an hour tonight before sunset(just got back) after doing the small creek thing all day. Less finesse casing and wading but bigger fish. Lost a 16"-17" right at hand,cool,did'nt have to touch it.Got several from 10-12" and a quillback. Lost something big that gave a couple headshakes and took off and the hook pulled out...another flattie? Got some on black jig-like flies and some on a firetiger streamer.TC1

3. SConner

SConner Fish Whisperer

Tall Cool One - That's kind of weird, I caught a Quillback this evening also. Only other thing I caught were some small saugeye.

4. Tall cool one

Tall cool one strictly flyfishing

I always get a bunch in June when they spawn,the males get real agressive,TC1