close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

GMR Smallies 7-10-07

Discussion in 'Southwest Ohio Fishing Reports' started by SConner, Jul 10, 2007.

1. SConner

SConner Fish Whisperer

2. MadRad

MadRad Seasoned Member

High five Connor. I have struggled the last few times I have been down there.

Made it down there for the 4th July with some night crawler early in the morning. Managed four nice channel cats but no major smallies.

Dummy me, early in the morning I picked up the wrong box out of my boat on the way out. So when I lost the rig on the bottom, I was SOL. I tied on a tiny fat A style crank and managed one white bass, one dink smallie, and one dink saugeye. Sure beats a day at home painting!:eek:

Rick

3. SConner

SConner Fish Whisperer

Last two evenings have not been nearly as productive. Caught a few rock bass and the littlest smallie I have ever seen. Oh well, still relaxing.

4. Nice catch Sconner. I'll be honest, even though they may not be to your standards, your posts always make me gealous. Good job man, keep on catchin' 'em. Ill be at rocky fork this weekend, hopefully I will have something worth showing.

-Wags

5. SConner

SConner Fish Whisperer

Flybywags - Hope you have a great day at Rocky Fork! On my catches... I have more luck than skill.

6. Luck? One cast, two trebble hooks, two smallmouth bass out of the water. I was there. I'm a believer. :p

7. I would have liked to see that!!

8. Muskie Hunter

Muskie Hunter All Species Trophy Hunter

I hit the GMR between Sidney and Piqua yesterday evening for 3 hours and got 6 smallies (mostly small ones 12-14"), five rock bass, and one 25" Pike. Had another pike hit my spinnerbait, but he wouldn't take it. I am going to fish north of Sidney tomorrow; see if I can find some big smallmouth.

Good fishing.

9. If you hadn't seen it yet check is pictures ......

10. i fish the great miami... near eggleston park or obergiesing
    formerly dravo park... i caught a drum at obergiesing on a night crawler
    no small or large mouth bass