GMR saugeye

Discussion in 'Southwest Ohio Fishing Reports' started by flathead10, May 15, 2008.

1. Although the river is out of it's banks, we have been catching good numbers of nice saugeyes the past three days. The fish are stacked up in a feeder creek that is not muddy and is calm water. We managed A dozen nice saugeyes and 2 nice smallies today in 90 minutes. All were caught on chartreuse twistertails or sassy shads with a 1/8 ounce jighead.
    Everyone else there catching them too and these are nice size fish. Like a fishing school going on! Some of my funnest trips in years to this spot or any other. This area is about 30 yards away from the main river, but you can fish it using just a split shot for weight. Many places fit this same scenario right now with the high water. Go out and try, you never know.;)

2. SConner

SConner Fish Whisperer

Flathead - Great idea! I know a place just like this in my area and have been avoiding the river because of water level. Think I will give it a try tonight...Will let you know if it worked out for me.

3. SConner

SConner Fish Whisperer

Fished for two hours not a bite. Oh well, got out of the house and tried new pole out!

4. I also went out for a bit this afternoon and tried some of the creeks and got :S

5. grizzly70

grizzly70 BITE-ME

me too, fished honey creek with no luck.