1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
759 Posts
You'd catch more sauger and smallmouths if you wernt a O-LIE-O State fan

·
Registered
327 Posts
Got out for a couple of hrs tonight as well, managed two little smallies, then caught this nice saugeye on a black chatterbait, horrible pic but I'd say she went between 3-4 lbs...

Attachments

·
Registered
2,004 Posts
Caught first sauger ever tonight. He was a hawg. Caught on the ole Ohio special. Still not having luck with smallies...im trying every presentation I can think of. Helppppp! Thanks

Outdoor Hub mobile, the outdoor information engine
That's a nice saugeye, congrats!

·
Registered
1,492 Posts
Caught first sauger ever tonight. He was a hawg. Caught on the ole Ohio special. Still not having luck with smallies...im trying every presentation I can think of. Helppppp! Thanks

If you need help and have any questions about smallmouth fishing in the GMR, just send me a personal message and I will do my best to help you out. Nice fish BTW!

·
Registered
305 Posts

Look for riffles near pools. then try a shad looking crankbait, a crayfish looking crankbait, or my favorite a tube bait. make sure you are bouncing it of the bottom. You should find some smallies then.
I may have to meet up with you, I cannot seem to find or catch any eyes in the lower GMR, I only seem to be able to find and catch smallies.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts