GMR report - Troy 10/30

Discussion in 'Southwest Ohio Fishing Reports' started by River Anglin, Oct 30, 2008.

1. I made it out today for the first time in weeks. I went to one of my favorite spots and I couldn't believe how clear the water was. I'm pretty sure that the fish were aware of my presence before I made my first cast. I threw my favorite crankbait for awhile, covering the whole area. I switched to a skirted chatterbait, casting a good distance. Then I tried my favorite spinner. I've read the reports of good topwater results, so I threw a Tiny Torpedo and a Hula Popper. Nothing at all.

This was a spot that normally holds fish. With the ultra clear water, I think you have to sneak up on them.

The only good thing about the trip was that I now know the structure under the water, which I've never been able to see before.

2. I'm looking to get out this afternoon. Hopefully the later bite will be better.

3. Tall cool one

Tall cool one strictly flyfishing

They are'nt holding in typical summer locations but as you said, a good time to scope out pool structure...and hope it does'nt change too much on the next flood, lol! The gmr has a lot of hard structure in the way of rock ledges,cuts and drops,that,unless they get filled in w/ gravel they are always good and it's good to know of their locationsTC1