close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

GMR Report (Dravo Park) 8/21/04

Discussion in 'Southwest Ohio Fishing Reports' started by DavidWS10, Aug 21, 2004.

1. DavidWS10

DavidWS10 Bankless Boat Trash

I hit the Great Miami River at Dravo Park this evening for a couple of hours. It was a great night to be out. I caught my personal best flathead tonight also, and it was the first fish of 2 that I caught. It measured 31.5 inches. I tried to weigh it but my digital scale wasn't working. I'm guessing it weighed between 15 and 17 pounds.
    [​IMG]

My second fish was not quite as big, but still respectable. It measured 29 inches, and I'm guessing it weighed about 12 pounds. It wasn't the healthiest looking fish - it looked like it had broken its back earlier in life. Looking at it, I wondered if killing it might have been more merciful.
    [​IMG]

Nevertheless, both fish were released to fight another day, and I enjoyed myself tremendously.

2. teaysvalleyguy

teaysvalleyguy Man in the Orange Hat

Very nice fish brother, keep up the good work. I have a few friends that have been pulling out some nice Shovels out of the GMR.

3. flathunter

flathunter Mellons mentor

Very nice fish David, I am happy for you!

4. Lazzyfishingman

Lazzyfishingman How you work is who u r!!

great job David.. I was stuck at home doing wash and cleaning.... I will get down there tomorrow night and some fishing.....

5. mrfishohio

mrfishohio Recovering Fishaholic

Wow, congrats, and that second one is scary looking !!

6. katfish

katfish Cats are where it's at!

Dave

Glad you guys got some big flats. I hope they keep biting for a long time :D
    Good things happen when ya keep bait in the water :D

7. Fishman

Fishman Catch bait???

Congrat on the new PB.. and thats a crazy looking flatty.

8. Lazzyfishingman

Lazzyfishingman How you work is who u r!!

went fishing at Dravo tonight. Caught a 15lb hard shell turtle and a 43 in gar on shrimp... Did not have my bale open and my line snap on my other pole while reeling in the gar.....Watch out for a red neon while fishing down there... He came thru the parking a couple times looking for something.... You cannot miss the car it has a high pick muffler.......Not too sure if it is something to worry abt or not... Had my one rim stolen in the spring there.........