Ohio Game Fishing banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
1,492 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Went out for a little bit last night down river from the house. Stopped at a bridge and walked closed to a ½ mile down river to start fishing. Soon as I arrive the thunder starts. It was nice and sunny at the house when I left but some storms were brewing out of the east. Started speed casting some faster current as the wind picked up and moved the storm my way. Caught one dink smallmouth there on the moss colored rebel craw. I think I felt a couple of other fish take a nip at the lure but no other takers. It started to drizzle so I quickly walked back to the bridge after only 10 minutes of fishing that hole. Then the rains came hard as I stood under the bridge. A nice rainbow formed in the south east skies. I did some casting under the bridge during the downpour but had no luck. As soon as the rain let up I was casting down river from under the bridge and got into a hard pulling smallie that only came out of the water once right beside me. It was slightly over 14 inches. I moved out from under the bridge shortly after that and made some more casts in that area with no luck. I moved up river and fished some fast shallow current, had a dink smallmouth on for a short time and it came off. Then I hook a dink sucker, I must have snagged it in the lips because I see no way of that fish getting that lure into its mouth. I moved further up river to a shallow V in the river and try the black buzz bait for awhile with no action at all, then I called it for the evening. At least I got one decent fish, sure beats a sharp stick in the eye.

Fish on……………..

1 - 1 of 1 Posts