Ohio Game Fishing banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,492 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Took the canoe out after work. Went about 1.5 miles or so up river and put in there. The water clarity doesn't look any better than it did 2 days ago, it might have been even worse. Started out throwing the ditch (brown) colored rebel craw. Didn't have any hits on it during the first few holes so I switched over the a chartreuse with a bright green top. I think this lures looks too bright and ugly to catch any fish. I usually use a chartreuse and brown craw but I ordered the wrong ones a few years back and got stuck with them and I'm out of the other kind, so I thought I would give them a try since the water seemed so murky. Didn't matter though, a few holes with this lure and nothing as well. So I switched back over to the ditch craw and caught a dink on the first cast. Not sure why these fish aren't biting right now. A couple of holes later I catch a nice 13 incher that pulls hard and thrashes the surface. The very next cast I hook into another good one but I don't get a good hook set and when then this one thrashed the lure popped out. A few more holes later I get into one more litlle dink. Things are very slow on the GMR right now in my area.

Fish on.........

·
Premium Member
3,830 Posts
Things are very slow on the GMR right now in my area.QUOTE]

Agreed, I have had exactly one really good smallmouth outing all year. Have caught fish here and there but not having any of those days where it does not matter what you throw they hit it. Still have not caught any big ones either.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts