close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

GMR report 6-12-08

Discussion in 'Southwest Ohio Fishing Reports' started by SConner, Jun 12, 2008.

1. SConner

SConner Fish Whisperer

Water is coming down nicely up my way, but is still very murky. Used a rebel craw most of evening in black/gold because of the contrast and this worked out pretty well. Caught 2 largemouth and 3 saugeye in 2 hours including a real nice 24" saugeye.

[​IMG]

2. wow nice fish, what kind of water were you fishing? I was out tonight throwing a bomber 5a crank and only came up with a small channel. I was fishing deep current on a rocky bend.

3. cantsleep

cantsleep 3rd shift blues

Very nice!:B
    I live in the Middletown area, and never hear of anyone catching eyes around here. Are they not in my area of the river? And if so, why not?

4. SConner

SConner Fish Whisperer

cantsleep - maybe they just don't like Middletown lol. I have never fished GMR down your way so not sure about populations further south. If there are any, they would most likely pool up under dams from fall through spring. Only reason we have any is because they wash down from Indian Lake.

5. Very nice river saugeye.

6. SConner

SConner Fish Whisperer

This was in a pool below low head dam.

7. GMRcatman

GMRcatman I'm Back!

Awesome saugeye! You need to teach me a thing or two on how to catch a nice one. All I seem to ever get are cigars!

8. Looks Like the Chataqua area you were fishing?

9. SConner

SConner Fish Whisperer

No Chataqua, just the Great Miami River.:)

10. Ajax

Ajax Rapala Snagger

I went to the GMR south of Hamilton, with my son to try to catch something along the bank. With the water too high all I caught were snags and a few Drum.

11. Hoghead

Hoghead FRIED FISH FEAR ME

I have been getting a few eyes in the same spot on carolina rigged crawler harness before last big rain. Some others doing ok tightlining chubs in the same spot but losing a ton of terminal tackle. Great eye-picture almost gives spot away, but I guess not that big of a secret!

12. Columbusslim31

Columbusslim31 Student of Finjitsu

13. That spot is definately no secret. One of the most heavily fished areas around us. SConner is just a river Saugeye master. So it doesn't matter where he's at.

14. SConner

SConner Fish Whisperer

I'd rather be lucky than good! :) I have been very lucky this spring.

15. Then that is the luckiest spring of all time in that part of the river. Tiger Woods-ish. ;)