close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

GMR Report 11/12/08

Discussion in 'Southwest Ohio Fishing Reports' started by QueticoMike, Nov 13, 2008.

1. Went out behind the house last night after work to see if anything was still biting. Most of the leaves back there are gone, but there are still a good section of them running along the east bank. I crept up to the first hole, with the water so clear I'm sure these fish can see me from 10 yards away. First cast with the zulu above a little ripple in about 2 feet of water I hook into a scrappy 10 incher (smallie) that still had a little fight left in him. Had a nice greenish gold color to it. Nothing more from that spot after several more casts. I tried two more spots after my first stop and didn't have a bite. Was back there for maybe 30 minutes until my feet started to get cold and called it quits.
    I put a minnow trap out last night in the creek behind the house, hopefully the rain will bring in a little water and some new creek chubs. I'm going to try some cheating (live bait):) tonight after work if there's any bait in the trap. Might throw the zulu at the same time. I've actually at times outfished the live bait with the zulu in late November.

Fish on.............