close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

GMR(playground) tonight

Discussion in 'Catfish Discussion' started by pendog66, Sep 21, 2005.

1. pendog66

pendog66 It swims its bait

My buddy Ray and i decided to check out the playground as we call it on the GMR. Salmonid and i did well in the short time we were there last night. I was using shad, goldfish and shiners tonight. Nothing really happened until i put on cut bait. We had a few nibbles here or there on the shiners and whole shad. but around 7:30 i landed the first fish of the night. A 6 pound flathead. He took a large shad head. Then a half hour later after watching our polls get knocked on the ground everywhere i hooked into a :B . It fought me 3 times harder than the flathead. I thought it was going to be a monster flat. I fought it and fought it. Then when i got it to the bank i got a good look at it. It was a channel cat. It tipped the scales at 9.1 pounds. It was one of the best fights of the year. But in the last 2 days i have fished a total of 3 and a half hours at the playground and caught 3 fish. two 6 pound flatheads and the monster channel cat.
    Nate[​IMG][​IMG]

2. flathunter

flathunter Mellons mentor

Nice fish, very nice!

3. H2O Mellon

H2O Mellon Hangin' With My Gnomies

I dont even want to think about things. I'm still mad. FYI: My wife just got home @ 10:21PM, want to go back out? ;)

4. pendog66

pendog66 It swims its bait

yea sure just let me call in sick tomorrow morning ;) . But i will be back out again tomorrow night.

5. Hey Nate, nice fish so it appears that Ray is now "Net Boy" and will hold that title until we can get Mellon out, then it will be his turn (again). ;)
    I wish I could have made it but the pond boys ran late, good news is the test holes turned out fine ( Prayers answered)

Im glad you got a good channel there, now we need to get a better flathead, thats flats of 2,4,6,6, & 7 lbs so far from this hole in the last 2 weeks, we need to stay on it and see what kinds of better fish are down there.

Im open for whichever night Mellon can make it ( Fri or Sat) but I think he may be at the cabin this weekend, Mellon???

Salmonid

6. H2O Mellon

H2O Mellon Hangin' With My Gnomies

Yes, I'm probally done on the weeknights for the year, unless I have some stuff change around mid October.

7. those channels are fighters for sure