GMR Monday

Discussion in 'Southwest Ohio Fishing Reports' started by midoh39, Feb 16, 2008.

1. midoh39

midoh39 member

I'm planning on htting the Tressel in Troy but I have a question, and that is do you need a pass to fish on the west side of the river by the tressel. Any info on this would be great. Thanks

2. chrsvic

chrsvic Biggest Member

I was told that on the west side, one could get fined (~$140?) for bank fishing. That being said, i have seen guys fish there and catch some decent 'eyes. I tried wade fishing there from the east side, but the honey hole as you know is closer to the west side. (I could float a canoe down there, but it would take some work to get back up to 41.)

I just walked my dog up and down the river by the dam, i didn't see anybody fishing, the water has dropped back down and is dingy, but i think fishable. I hope we don't get too much rain tomorrow.

3. midoh39

midoh39 member

I thought you could get fined fishing the east side because the propety belongs to some guy.

4. grizzly70

grizzly70 BITE-ME

demmit owns the east side, and you need permission from him. as for the west side, it is owned by martin marrietta gravel co. and they will ticket you in a heartbeat. they give no one permission not even their own employees.

5. if u take a small boat out there it is much easier to catch fish there because u r not limited to certain fishin spots

6. chrsvic

chrsvic Biggest Member

Oops. I guess next time i try that spot i should be in my canoe.

Does anybody know if it is OK to park on the east side of the river, near the dam, by the railroad bridge? (golf course side.)

7. midoh39

midoh39 member

Yeah it's fine to park there. Guess I'm heading to the dam now. I'll report back.

8. midoh39

midoh39 member

I just got back not much happening. Did get some action including a 21" saugeye and 14" smallie and a sucker. Also lost 2 gish in faster current. Fish were caught on a 1/8 jig head with a black tail. Good luck

9. do you guys think the river will be fishable monday with the rain today.

10. LMRsmallmouth

LMRsmallmouth LMR Master Angler

Not a chance if it looks like the LMR did today

11. chrsvic

chrsvic Biggest Member

I fished the GMR below the dam for awhile, the water i think is rising. I did get a 14 inch smallie, so now at least ive got my Feb. smallmouth.

12. Man thats my main area of fishing. You can park at the 41 bridge and float down or you can park at the bike path and walk down. If you take the bike path it takes you right to the river. At the tressel the right side of the bank and the island just down from it are private property. Best way to fish that area are with a boat. It makes it nice because you can anchor over holes. Be prepaired to loose an anchor, theres a lot of stuff on the bottom. And make sure you have at least 30ft of anchor rope, if you plan on dropping anchor on the back side, my fishfinder found a few spots 20ft deep.