close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

GMR Miamisburg

Discussion in 'Catfish Discussion' started by me223, May 20, 2005.

1. Heard from the guy at Crawdaddy's there is good fishing with easy accesss here. I have to use a cane to walk and am looking for a place I can get into with the chance of catching some nice channel or flathead. I can get by with a decent foot path and small, not too steep hills.

He was kinda busy when we were talking so I didn't ask for details. Which side of the river, about where at? It will be just me and the wife, so safety is also a concern.

Any other places you guys know with easy access would be greatly apperciated. I am in Troy and willing to travel :D Thanks,

Mike

2. H2O Mellon

H2O Mellon Hangin' With My Gnomies

Good luck. The guys at Crawdaddys are great, great absouletely great, I ahve know then for a long time, HOWEVER "They've been catching lots down in the river by Tipp City or Miamisburg & Kiser lake" for about 7 years now! :D

They have caught Zero, zilch, notda single Flathead out of the river. Ever. I take that bac, the old man may have, but his son, who is a big Catfisherman was telling me the other day. He's a big time $ fisherman 2 paylakes. I know hes released lots of Flatheads into the GMR from paylakes.

I fyour looking for a nice relaxing spot to fish w/ some possibilities for channel cats, get some liver, shrimp, cut shad, cut bluegills, & head to Taylorsville Reserve, havent heard of Flatheads there, but there are Bullheads & Channells or head down St Rt 202 (go past Elderbeerman, Lowes, etc...) go outside Huber, until you come into Tipp City. Make a left at the main road inside Tipp City property, there are several pulloffs on the right hand side, a couple are only 20 yards from the river. Both of the places I mentioned are safe places, and should be close to you, since you go to Crawdaddys.

Good luck

3. H2O Mellon

H2O Mellon Hangin' With My Gnomies

One more thing: I've heard rumors of good numbers of Channels caught off of Market St in Troy, where you live. I've never fished it, just heard stories.

4. H2O Mellon,

Fished both places you metinoed. The river here in Troy is decent for chanel, caught a bunch from here, above the dam by the train trussle. Been a couple years since I fished at Tipp. Used to be real good, though. Got a good spot where Lost Creek enters it. Thanks,

Mike