close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

GMR info needed

Discussion in 'Southwest Ohio Fishing Reports' started by madcrappiekids, Jul 23, 2008.

1. going to try the GMR on Thurssday morning, my fishing buddy is working third so we should be at the ramp in New Miami (Combs park I think is the name of the ramp) around 8 or so. I see boats on the water when I cross the bridge on 127 and have looked at the maps to see some decent starter points, but I would like to know any information that would help a first timer on the river.

I have a 16' jon boat with gas and trolling motor (battery is full!)....anything I should know about? any advise for lure selection? Neither of us have ever really fished a river before.

Thanks for any advice!

2. you should be fine depth wise until about 1/4 mile above the 127 bridge. It gets shallow to less that a foot at normal summer levels. Right at the bend in the river at the mouth of the creek is usually pretty good. Good luck.

3. I have had most of my river luck on tube baits and crankbaits. The more chartreuse the better IMO.

4. thanks for the info- catbass, we have plenty of those :D - fish4life, can you walk the boat past the shallow and get any further north? I have been able to put the motor up and walk in as little as 6''-8'' of water....just wondering if there are any pools beyond where you are tlaking about?

5. There are some good holes up to the next dam(at the canal). Be careful of trees buried in the mud just under the water you can shear a pin real quick.

6. thanks for the heads up about the trees, not sure how far up we will get, but you never know.