close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

GMR in TROY

Discussion in 'Southwest Ohio Fishing Reports' started by ROCKS, Apr 5, 2008.

1. Anyone doing any good near the dam in Troy? How is the water level?

2. Hoghead

Hoghead FRIED FISH FEAR ME

Been hit and miss with the eyes with highwater.Right now flow is 2 times normal and 2 1/4 ft above normal. Caught some on orange and pink twistertails and carolina rigged minnows on floating jighead.

3. SConner

SConner Fish Whisperer

Water has been too high to fish for the most part. Last Monday (when water was down) I did ok using Rapala husky jerk.

4. hope the water is going to be down by wed. Im going to fish from troy(St Rt 41) to tipp city(571) area hope its down and clearer. Off wed and thurs so i hope its good

5. I've never fished it before,but I happened to be up there last week on business and got to look around a bit.Got a couple of questions:1.Which side of the river is best to fish?2.Looks like parking is available on the East side behind the treatment plant and on the West side behind a warehouse or factory right next to the dam.Is it legal to park in both places,or are you subject to being ticketed and towed?Thanks for your help.

6. SConner

SConner Fish Whisperer

You can park on either side, I've never seen anyone get a ticket. There are fish in the holes on both side... Only difference, If you park on the water treatment side, you need to have waders to get to the fish. From other side you can reach them from the levy.

7. There are numerous holes below the damn. Also dont be affraid to fish a lil ways down from the dam

8. JPfishing

JPfishing go fishing

heck the best saugeye spot i found was about a mile or two down the damn towards conagra. they since made it no trespassing, but it was good fishing for eyes 5-6 years ago.

9. Really appreciate all the feedback guys.I think I might just give it a try when the water goes down a bit.I assume jigs with curly tails,carolina rigged floaters and various cranks?

10. My lure of choice at the dam is the husky jerk. But i wouldnt suggest using a husky jerk until you figure out the bottom and depth in certain spots or else that place will cost you alot of money. Chubs can also work very well for me especially during the daytime.

11. Hoghead

Saw a 23" eye caught tonight on a Husky Jerk,but not by me! I was skunked. I have sacrificed many Rat-l-traps to the river at the dam.Noticed alot of shad working the surface at dusk tonight.

12. SConner

SConner Fish Whisperer

Hoghead - I think that was me you are refering to. Were you on the water treatment side wading? If so, thanks for letting us fish up near you. The guy I was with caught his first saugeye ever, he was thrilled.

13. Hoghead

I was on water treatment side but not wading-saw the two guys fishing I had talked to earlier downriver-both wading one with orange t-shirt-saw a small jack eye caught by one and a NICE 23" sow caught by the other!