close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Gmr Flatties

Discussion in 'Southwest Ohio Fishing Reports' started by Catfish John, Jul 20, 2004.

1. Howdie all... just reporting my finally sucessful GMR outting me and my buddy had last night... we get there at about 6pm... and decided to try for some channel and carp before we put out or flattie baits... about 5 mins after throwing out nightcrawler caught my first river flattie 3lbs.[​IMG].. was excited being a new spot... and all... then little later caught 9 lb carp..[​IMG]. the we put our flattie baits out( goldfish 6-8 inchs) and waited.... around 10 till 10pm hooked into my biggest river flattie... 21lbs[​IMG][​IMG].... and about hour later my buddy hooks a 8lber[​IMG]... but we had 10 runs that didnt result in hook ups... we think they were small flatties... cuze they would scale the goldfish.. and we were letting them run 50+ yards so all in all a very great night.... hope everyone else has a day like we had last night... good luck

2. Bass_Hawg

Bass_Hawg Certified Hawg Master

Nice looken fish there. Im sure you will be headen back there real soon. Good catches

3. THarris

THarris CHASING THE BIG 'UNS

Nice job! Good to see some flatheads showing up in the reports again...

Were any of the flatties marked up or show any signs of spawning?

4. rockbass

rockbass Banned

That is nice night for sure. I wish I had some water that looked like close to my house. I would live on it! Good going. :D

5. out of the 3 that were actually caught... the 3lb had a scare on him that looked like he got caught in fishing line that someone discarded... but it was healed... other than that... no visual signs of them just gettind done spawning... john

6. Fishman

Fishman Catch bait???

Great pics, congrats on a successful night.

7. flathunter

flathunter Mellons mentor

Way to go, glad to see something is finally hitting!

8. Us Middletown folks know exactly where those pictures are taken at. That spot gets hit pretty hard. How does it smell in that area? That's a nice 21 lber. That hole is FULL of small flatheads and they probably are responsible for most of your missed runs.

For what it's worth, the first two and the last two hours of the night seem to produce the most flatties. There's not a whole lot that goes on between 12 to 4 am.

9. GMR Guy we had runs from 9:30pm till 12:45 when we ran out of bait... there was no smell.... and the last run of the night... he had some real nice weight but he got tangled up in tree and broke off on me.. im sure he would of went 25+ me and my buddy werent sure if that spot got fished alot or not... you know any other spots to try farther south on gmr .... pm sometime... john

10. I'm from Middletown also. Great job on the Flats! I fished farther south last night and only brought in one flat-8#. I can give you a few other places to try if you are interested in them. Let me know.

11. Sounds good to me gmrkatman... if your still online goto ogf chat