close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

GMR Flatheads

Discussion in 'Catfish Discussion' started by flatchaser87, Apr 26, 2005.

1. I was just wondering if anyone fishes the great miami river for big flatheads and is so have caught any big flatheads out of there?

2. H2O Mellon

H2O Mellon Hangin' With My Gnomies

Good luck, it would be nothing short of a miracle or just dumb luck if you were to catch a GMR Flathead right now.

3. i know that it'd be dumb to fish it now, i was just wonderin if anyone's caught any big ones in past years, i have heard of people catching some monsters but i've never actually spoken to people who have. i was wonderin because i have found several spots that look like ideal flathead water.

4. H2O Mellon

Oh, sorry. YES lots of Big Flatheads are caught from the GMR.

5. flathunter

flathunter Mellons mentor

6. H2O Mellon

Always has to be one funny guy. Go eat your prune juice OLD MAN! ;) Just kiidng, Hey Jack, who has the biggest between the 2 of us this year? Granted you have me :S on Flatheads though....

7. JeremyLeach

JeremyLeach Leach

We fished up near the GMR this past weekend and caught 2 flatheads one was about 16lbs and the other was about 4 lbs. There was a tournament launched out of Tanners and there was a lot of flatheads caught. The big fish was a 37.2 lb flathead and there was another that was 21.4 caught. There were several in the 10 -12 lb range caught too. So it's not to early to fish for flats. We have been doing it now for about a month and have had good luck with it. The good bit definitly isn't on yet but it's close.

8. H2O Mellon

Big Diff in the OHio & GMR though. I seriously doubt anyone has been catching Flats out of the GMR in the last week.

9. monsterKAT11

monsterKAT11 Team Fatty

MELLON soon as it warms up we've GOT to go out. i can't stop thinking about going out and doing some fishing on the GMR!

10. H2O Mellon

I have a great spot lined up, it will take a boat to get there, but we'll fish from the shore. I've taken the 14 ft Tracker to this spot, but never bank fished it.

11. T-Man

T-Man Outdoors Man

Mellon, we gonna make it to the Bass Pro shop soon, i have got to get a baitcasting reel you know :D