close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

GMR 'eye Trip

Discussion in 'Southwest Ohio Fishing Reports' started by Ol' Whiskers, Feb 5, 2005.

1. Got off crutches 2 weeks ago, and itchin' to get to some water. I'm using a cane, so can't move too fast. Kevin & I went looking for 'eyes about 7:30 this morning. Twister tails, feather jigs, hair jigs, minnows live & dead, top & bottom. Couldn't raise a bite, and neither could two other guys there. Broke out the wheatie balls and took 3 small carp between 3 and 6 lb - C&R.

River was very clear, very cold, and running fast about 18 inches over pool. Had ice in the guides until around 10:00AM. It was a beautiful morning to be out, and felt good to get back to fishing after being layed up.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. crappielooker

crappielooker The Corn Chucker

nice catch maan.. i tried to carp fish all day and couldn't buy a bite.. :(
    what part of gmr is that??

3. It's the first dam up from the Ohio River, in Hamilton. Just south of downtown, south of Knightsbridge on Neilan Blvd. Dam's about 16 years old now. We've caught some nice carp all along this stretch, above and below. Parking is really close - that second pic is from the parking lot.

Hope to see you there.

4. Fishman

Fishman Catch bait???

I know right where that spot is, Crappielooker you would be hating life there in the summer. Tons and tons of snakes!!!

Great job on the carp man, I probably should of done some fishing myself today. Glad to hear you caught some!

5. Nice going! My daughter and I were there this evening and no one was catching anything. I may take her back tomorrow and try for carp. She and I are both dying to get our first fish of 2005.

6. Floater

Floater Floatin' on by

I tried for 'eyes for an hour or so at sundown last night on the GMR at Chatauqua dam with no luck. No one else was having any luck there either. It was great to finally get out again.