Gmr 9-20-08

Discussion in 'Catfish Discussion' started by pendog66, Sep 21, 2008.

1. pendog66

pendog66 It swims its bait

well at the last minute i decided to go out and fish last night with dink and nightprowler. Well i guess techniqually fishing with them we were on opposite sides of the river. I got there and on my first cast i snagged up and broke off. My current sinker position is not good so i thought it was a bad omen. Shortly after dink called me and he had hit a 24 pound flattie. Shortly after i caught a 6 pound channel. Then around 8:30 i got a run i knew was a flattie, i set hook and landed a 27 pound flattie. But the funny thing was in his mouth was my swivel from the cast i broke off. And i could still see my bait in his throat. It was quiet til ten when i got another run, and amazingly it was the same flattie. So not a bad night, dink caught a good one and i caught the same fish twice. Im probaly goin back out again tonight for a couple hours.[​IMG][​IMG]

2. heres mine, came on cut shad in about 10-12ft of water near heavy current. BTW, it wasnt OGF's Niteprowler (my friends BOC screen name) who fished with me,it was OGF's Dinkbuster2
    [​IMG]

3. H2O Mellon

H2O Mellon Hangin' With My Gnomies

Nice job!

Dink, Did you get hungry and take a bite out of it's tail? :)

4. bigdogsteve-o

bigdogsteve-o The Catfishing God

well I guess I am bad luck huh Nate

5. Congrats guys!! If you don't mind me asking, what did you catch them on?

6. Looks like you had a good night. I have only been out on the GMR once with mellon. Hopefully I can get back out there sometime and fish for a flattie or 2

Chubba- dink caught his on cut shad, not sure what pen caught his on.

7. katfish

katfish Cats are where it's at!

Looks like you guys didn't take Dinks girlfriend.
    Last year she was the one catching all the flathead.:)