close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Gmr 8-25-08

Discussion in 'Catfish Discussion' started by pendog66, Aug 26, 2008.

1. pendog66

pendog66 It swims its bait

I went out with mark tonight to see if we could get any flatties. Mark stayed until about 10 and we each caught a channel a piece. They were very healthy and looked like they were stuffing themselves, after mark left i got a run and caught another channel around 5 pounds. I was getting ready to pack all of my stuff and call it a night when i got another run. It was a 5-10 pound flathead. So i said ok whats a couple more minutes, shortly after throwing back out i got another run. And it was another 5-10 pound flattie. It looked like the same fish but had no fresh wounds in his mouth. I still had my bait on so i went ahead and threw it back out and not even a minute went by i got another run. And i could tell by the way it took off it was a little better. I set hook and got my first good flathead of the year out of the river. im going to guess its weight is between 15-25 pounds. Not a bad night and hopefully i will get out again soon.[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

2. looks like a 25lb fish to me! :)

3. neocats1

neocats1 Team Catastrophe

Congrats. Nice fish.

4. bigdogsteve-o

bigdogsteve-o The Catfishing God

good job Nate, nice fish. hopefully we can get into more when we hit the GMR again

5. pendog66

pendog66 It swims its bait

steve and i got out again on tuesday hoping to beat the cold front. steve took a daytime flattie and missed a monster. we managed one flattie and 3channels. also got a walleye but due to difficulties didnt get a pic[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

6. bigdogsteve-o

bigdogsteve-o The Catfishing God

that monster I missed is still haunting me, I will get revenge and land that fish

7. i was hoping to beat the cold front as well tonight but it isnt looking good. looks like it will come through late this evening : (