close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Gmr 8-17

Discussion in 'Southwest Ohio Fishing Reports' started by midoh39, Aug 17, 2008.

1. midoh39

midoh39 member

Well my mom and I got out around 7 oclock in the Tipp City area. We hit a good spot after catching some shiners. I had a fish on my first cast but it spit the rooster tail out. My mom caught a small 4" smallie on a rooster tail. After wading the area for the next hour and only 3 fish to show we swtich spots. On my first cast with a 1/8 ounce jig heads and white curly tail I got a 13" smallie then lost another on the next cast. Moved down river alittle and hit a 16" and a 12". Then had to change my tail cause they were ripping it up. Moved down to a bend with some rip rap and with what looked like a small natural dam. I caught 4 more smallies 13-15" then lost my jig. On the way back after finding my mom she caught a 15"er. Its amazing how your day can be going bad then turn around. And we caught all the rest in maybe 1 hour.

2. Right on, good report. Me and Sconner hit the water at 7 AM this morning as well. Caught 18 smallies in all on various lures, nothing of any size unfortunately.

3. midoh39

midoh39 member

Thats good. I really want to get out tommorow ever since its my last day of summer. But I dont no if i can.