Ohio Game Fishing banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
163 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Went to my usual spot on the GMR around 8...high , muddy water+approaching cold front+very windy conditions=horrible fishing. Was skunked and was about to leave until I noticed something flopping around in a puddle...turned out to be a nice flathead , shovelhead , channel...someone wanna help me out on that on =)?..rescued 3 more small channel cats in basically 5-6 inches of water...heading back out sometime this week on catfish rescue part 2...there were small ponds of water about 4-5 feet loaded with cats that in a few days will all be dried up.

Attachments

·
Eat Em Up Charters
3,614 Posts
Nice job putting him back. I have occasionaly come across fish all caught up in puddles, mainly blue gill, but I always try and save as many as I can. No point in a fish dying for no reason.

·
I'm Back!
251 Posts
Hey Viper, I just now saw your post. I was there this morning, though I didn't go where you are talking about. I will definitely go back this afternoon and see if there are any more that can be rescued. Thanks for the report, and let me know if you are going back anytime soon and I will be glad to meet up with you to see see if we can release any more that got trapped by the high water.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts