close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Gmr 6-27-07

Discussion in 'Catfish Discussion' started by pendog66, Jun 28, 2007.

1. pendog66

pendog66 It swims its bait

Steve and i went out tonight to fight the weather and fish. We were there for probaly 5-10 minutes and i got my first run it was a 21.8 pound flathead. This was at 9:45, i tossed back out and had another hook up in 5 minutes but it came off. Steve laughed and gave me the usual crap about a half hour later he hooked up with a 4.13 pound flathead, when he tossed back out he also got a run right away which he fought and lost just like me. i told him it was karma coming back to bite him :p . Later on he caught a 10.10 pound flathead and i added a 7. It was a good night and i cant wait to get out again. Oh and those who care im now up on steve by 19 pounds for the year[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

2. Good picks. I hope to fish the GMR this weekend.Good luck

3. see told yas that the bad mojo would leave after the 3 LOL nice catches guys

4. bigdogsteve-o

bigdogsteve-o The Catfishing God

Was a good night down there,the only thing I would have changed is for my 7y/o would have landed one,he had one hooked but came off after a little fight.

5. H2O Mellon

H2O Mellon Hangin' With My Gnomies

Dang guys your making me jealous. I've got about 4-6 days to fish per month. I can't wait until my kids are able to watch theirselves so I have more time to fish. Good work. I always say I am more impressed w/ the guys that can consistenly catch fish over 20#+ than the guy that gets lucky & catches one 50# fish while fishing for crappies w/ minnows, if that makes sense.

6. bigdogsteve-o

that makes perfect sense Mellon. I know exactly what you mean.you always hear of people rubber working somewhere and landing a monster shovelhead. That is just dumb luck when that happens.

7. soon ill be catching them over 20lbs. lol still in the learning curve and getting switched over from targeting bass to targeting catfish, so in time the weehopper will become the cathopper lmfao LOL i just had to

8. bigdogsteve-o

it took me well over a year befor I started getting any over 10-12 pounds. but once I broke that barrier it was on and still is. It will take some time to get that big one Brandon,but when you do there is nothing like it

9. pendog66

i have been fortunate, my first year catfishing 3 years ago on my first trip i took a 22 pound flathead. And i have been lucky ever since

10. pendog66

ok i have to ask steve how come every pic i take of you with a fish theres no orbs around you, but when its my turn its like an orb parade??? do i have something following me? lol

11. bigdogsteve-o

Maybe its because I take up most of the picture....:D

12. pendog66

lol they are scared of you

13. bigdogsteve-o

thats got to be it...lol

14. maybe its the catfish nomb orbs lmfao LOL

im hoping to atleast get one above twenty this season i think atleast one would be good for being just the first year of really targeting them and keep working on things throughout, still catching myself putting on the medium sized live baits when i should put on the large sized live baits getting better at it slowly but surely