Ohio Game Fishing banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,830 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Went out this evening with a friend and did decent. Water is noticeably warmer than even a few days ago (like bath water) and has come down some so we went to a slow fairly deep pool and just took our time working about a half mile stretch up and back. Friend caught about a 17" saugeye on a lipless crankbait and I caught 4 smallmouth. 3 of the smallmouth were tiny, but the last one was a beauty at 17". Measured it and was trying to get camera out when he shook out of my hand so no picture. All the smallmouth jumped multiple times, had a blast!

·
Micropterus dolomieu
753 Posts
I'm gonna guess Rebel Craw or Husky Jerk...they have seemed to be really liking those HJ's up north.

·
Premium Member
3,830 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I'm gonna guess Rebel Craw or Husky Jerk...they have seemed to be really liking those HJ's up north.
Good guess, but incorrect! I am trying to diversify. I will have to look at the brand but they were caught on something like a bomber with a big square bill that runs 4-5 feet deep in craw colors.

·
Registered
176 Posts
I throw Husky Jerks and Pointers a lot from early March through April but really don't do well with them after that. Once the water gets into the mid-50s a Bomber, Bandit, or Big-O type crank in firetiger or craw color is tough to beat.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts