close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Gmr 6-24-07

Discussion in 'Catfish Discussion' started by pendog66, Jun 24, 2007.

1. pendog66

pendog66 It swims its bait

Went out with Steve and Craig again tonight. WE also ran into my buddy Bill fishing the same area. The bite was slow only taking a 1.5 pound channel in the first 4 hours. Then around 10:30 i got a run and hooked into a nice Flathead. it ended up being 22.8 pounds. There were a few more runs here or there but the surprise of the night was by Craig. He said he i got one on he fought it and brought it on the bank thinking it was a channel, when actually about a 20 inch Walleye ate his green sunfish. It was a fun night atleast we caught a couple. And the weight watch for the year is: Nate 110.4 pounds Steve 103.10 pounds. [​IMG][​IMG]

2. Predator225

Predator225 Predator225

Nice to see someone not having too bad of a night. Good catch!

3. bigdogsteve-o

bigdogsteve-o The Catfishing God

It was a descent night, Craig catching that walleye really stole the show,you expect someone to hook a flathead at some point. But when you hear a clicker and when that line comes in there is a walleye on the other end you sort of talk about that more so than anything else. It was a nice size walleye though. Nate,you know now the next time it will be my turn to take back the lead.

4. Predator225

Predator225 Predator225

I know what you mean by the walleye. I had a walleye about 8 pounds inhale a BIG bluegill i was using for flatheads a few years ago. can't help but to think of it every time i fish that same area.

5. pendog66

hopefully we dont get too much rain this week steve so we can hit a spot that i havent fished in 2 years

6. nice flattie and eye, that would have been a trip reeling in and seeing it was a eye. friday night i took a 4-5lber and my buddy john got a 15lber friday night the bite wasnt really slow but they wasnt running or anything just toying with the baits. i dont think we are supposed to have too much rain this week.

7. o and almost forgot to add nate and steve by any chance did u see the beaver/otter which ever it is at the spot, cause friday night it swam into my lines and my buddy johns, we couldnt stop laughing cause it snuck up on me when i was getting bait from the bucket and i looked up and had my headlamp on and as soon as it shined on the beaver/otter it took off and instantly started peeling line off our poles was friggin funnies, also did u guys see any baby flatties busting the rocks cause we caught one that was about 6-8 inches busting the rocks and we heard numerous babies doing the same thing friday night.

brandon aka bassattacker

8. pendog66

speaking of that spot where you were fishing, i was down there today and the spot was trashed. im not saying it was you but you wherever it was needs to start picking up their beer cans and trash. it is getting ridiculous and is really pissing me off. There is no need for it thats how rivers become polluted and trashy. i will be down there either this afternoon or tomorrow afternoon with a trash bag picking it up

9. we was down there friday night and found a whole thing of gatorade bottles, dont have a clue where the beer came from cause well i dont drink beer and i always pick my stuff up and put it back in my cooler, there was some young kids down there friday night but i didnt see them with anything and the older gentlemen that was there friday night had all his stuff with him, i aint gotta clue where all that came from but what time u going to be down there me and shawn will come down and help yas, but ill promise yas i aint got no part in that.

10. bigdogsteve-o

that spot was filthy. beer cans,water bottles,pizza,liver containers. We always clean up our stuff when we leave,Like Nate said,that is how the river gets polluted and the fish get sick.

11. pendog66

i will most likely be down there tomorrow evening, my dad wants to do some bass fishing

12. pendog66

and the next person steve and i see littering at the river they are going in the drink lol:D :C

13. bigdogsteve-o

thats right,they will be swimming with the fishies....the big fishies:D

14. pendog66

lol and the fish will deal with their shananigans :p

15. well i know one thing it wasnt that way friday night, and that upsets me that anyone would think it was me cause everything i take leaves in my cooler, the only thing that was there friday was a pack of gatorade which my buddy luke picked up and took with him other than that there was nothing like what ur talking about so i aint gotta clue.

16. pendog66

its cool i just get fired up when a fishing area gets trashed. i stopped fishing one area just because of the same reason