Ohio Game Fishing banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,829 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Couldn't get out until 7:45 so decided to just run down the street. Have not been at this hole for a couple of months and I remember why. This spot has to be the single most over fished area in a 3 county area. There were people everywhere so I waded down stream several hundred yards to avoid the crowds. Water is up a little from yesterday but still not muddy. Used a couple different color crankbaits that get down about 4 feet and bite was pretty slow. Did manage 2 smallmouth - One dink and a nice fat 14"er. I was rewarded with 2 nice jumps and a good strong run into the current. Not a bad way to spend an hour or so :)

Please nobody tell me I gave up there secret honey hole with this picture... I think every fisherman within a 60 mile radius was already there.

http://www.ohiogamefishing.com/photopost/showphoto.php?photo=44382&cat=500

·
Registered
98 Posts
Nice fish. The place looks pretty familiar to me and we decided not to fish there this year -- too many trashy people that I am tired of picking up after, and we usually don't have much luck unless you like to catch turtles.

·
Annyong!
1,461 Posts
Nice fish as usual SConner. I'm curious how you manage to get such good photos? I am assuming you don't have someone with you. What's your technique? It almost looks like you are using a tripod, but I doubt it.

·
Premium Member
3,829 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I'm curious how you manage to get such good photos? I am assuming you don't have someone with you. What's your technique? It almost looks like you are using a tripod, but I doubt it.
If I am with someone obviously they take the picture for me. When I am by myself I put camera on a rock or log with 10 second delay. In this case there was a really nice man and his daughter watching from shore. I asked them to take picture and they were kind enough to oblige.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts