Ohio Game Fishing banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
163 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My first time out on the GMR and I did not know what to expect.........Im definitely going out alot more. I first started off fishing the GMR near the Hook Field Municipal Airport in Middletown with nightcrawlers. In 2 hours I didnt get a single nibble , so I was getting frustrated. Last cast hooked into a nice 2lb channel cat that put up a hell of a fight. It was so worth the 2 hours. After I headed up to Tipp City for some smallmouth. Got 2 smallmouth both under 12'' on a husky jerk.
Special thanks to SConner

Attachments

·
Wishin I was Fishin!
299 Posts
not much on em anymore but that is a healthy looking one for GMR....

·
Premium Member
3,850 Posts
With water temps up, don't be afraid to throw floating minnows also. I throw husky jerk more when water is cold so I can slow down the presentation. This time of year they are pretty active and the floaters have more action to them.

·
Registered
132 Posts
If that's the 2lb cat your holding in the picture he must of shrunk for the camera. That fish is not close to 2lbs.

·
Fishaholic
212 Posts
We sat out in the middle of the river last night, right across from where your picture was taken. Caught 2 3-4lb shovelheads and a 2lb channel. A true 2lber LOL. That area is getting pretty congested, parking lot by the car wash was full at 12:30 when we left. But is a very productive area for cats.

·
163 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
haha ya I thought it might be 2lbs because it was one fat catfish!...im heading out to the GMR tomorow to that spot at like 5:00am so...im hoping for a few more cats than I got last time..what were you using for bait?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts