Gmr 5-2-08

Discussion in 'Catfish Discussion' started by pendog66, May 2, 2008.

1. pendog66

pendog66 It swims its bait

Jen and i decided to go out tonight even tho there was a stiff wind and possible rain in the area. After a weird day bait fishing, which i caught a 19 inch smallie that weighed 6 pounds in a creek that i have never seen one in. We decided to head to the river, we were there about an hour and a few zips here and there. But then my 6000 started screaming i picked it up and set hook, it felt good so i thought it could of been a possible flatty, but nope it was a 5 pound channel. Which i was happy about because it got a 7 trip monkey of my back of not catching fish in the GMR. We got one other run but nothing special, jen was getting cranky and wanting to go home and it felt like the pressure was dropping because there was a big temperature drop. So we started reeling in the poles, i grabbed jen's 6600 and started reeling it got about 10 feet from the bank when i felt a thud, i set hook and to my surprise i had a fish on. Confused on what it was i kept reeling thinking it was maybe a channel but then a bigger shocker happened it was a extremely round and fat smallie that was 17 inches long and tipped the scales at just over 4 pounds!!!! i thought he was maybe 1 or 2 pounds but sure enough the digital doesnt lie. It was a weird night but we plan on getting out tomorrow weather permitting.[​IMG][​IMG]

2. nice smallie! i plan on getting out sometime/somewhere tomorrow after i get back from the gun show. give me a ring and let me know where you are, i may stop by;)

3. bigdogsteve-o

bigdogsteve-o The Catfishing God

Nice fish Nate. can't wait until I get to go out and actually fish, the count down is on. I might go with you tonight just to hang out

4. pendog66

pendog66 It swims its bait

sounds good, i woke jen up at like 8:30 this morning and she was not happy lol. So expect sistersarcastic to the max tonight:p

5. it is never a dull moment with u and bigdog, sorry about friday night i just had that bad omen crap goin on, no bait, couldnt catch a cold if i wanted too, i def have to get a cast net, nice fish and def was a weird night.

hows things going bigdogsteve, shoulder feelin better? when u able to get out?

6. bigdogsteve-o

bigdogsteve-o The Catfishing God

hows things going bigdogsteve, shoulder feelin better? when u able to get out?[/QUOTE]

it is still here, is getting better. I am hoping to start hitting the fishing hard by the end of the month.

7. thats good man, im sure its killin yas, atleast it isnt too far off.