Ohio Game Fishing banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,637 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I slept in too late to hit the Ohio for hybrids or Caesar Creek for muskie. So, I went to the GMR for some CATFISHING between 10:00am - 1:00pm. The little channels were all over the SHAD (Lucky Craft CB200 in Char. Shad), and I caught 5 of them. Not much size to them so I thought that I would try some crayfish. Caught a nice flathead on the CRAYFISH (Sweet Beaver in Roadkill). Only fished a few hours, but a nice day for a little CATFISHING.

·
Registered
7,255 Posts
Good going. I've never caught a Flathead (fair caught) on artificial bait.

·
Registered
2,637 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I always seem to catch a few flatheads on tubes in the Spring.

The Channels were hitting crankbaits just like bass. I've never seen them so aggressive with lures.

·
Registered
11,409 Posts
Good going. I've never caught a Flathead (fair caught) on artificial bait.
I just caught a 30" flathead last weekend on an 1/8 ounce roadrunner jig. I was very surprised by that one but I actually hooked up with another one about 3 casts later in about the same exact hole. The second one straightened the hook a bit and popped loose but I had it on long enough to be convinced it was at least similar to the first fish. I got to feel enough of its initial run to be convinced it was a catfish. I was targeting saugeye and was as surprised by the result as could be.

·
Registered
4,992 Posts
I caught a falttie on a white spinnerbait a couple of years ago on the OR. I've caught a few on tubes fishing for crappie over the years.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts