close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

GMR 11-29 Smallies, Saugeyes, and a Walleye

Discussion in 'Southwest Ohio Fishing Reports' started by dinkbuster1, Nov 29, 2008.

1. was planning on heading up to the Troy area today to do some 'eye fishing, but took a lot longer with "housework" and only had 2 hours of daylight left. decided to grab some suckers from the bait tank and hit the GMR in downtown Dayton near the house. took about a half hour to get on some fish. they were stacked up in a deep little hole (8ft, deep for the area) with a big log, or something on the bottom that i kept getting hung on. caught about a dozen fish until 6pm or so, caught two right before i left right after dark but i had to get home so i left. most were saugeye all but 3 were really small, biggest saugeye went about 2-1/2lb, 2 smallies went what i guess were 2-1/2 and 1-1/2lb. also caught a "purebred" Walleye. i have a hard time distinguishing between the "eyes" but when you have two side-by-side its obvious. big smallies were caught on 5-6 inch stoneroller suckers fished on the bottom, saugeyes and walleye were all caught on a chartruse twister tail with a glow head. saugeyes were biting so light i literally had to drag the grub rock by rock accross the bottom. camera died on me and took smallie pic with my phone. walleye was caught right at dusk, took a pic but it came out too dark to see.
    all fished were released....
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. Nice fish. Thanks for the report.

3. TeamPlaker

TeamPlaker Fishing Deadbeat

Those are some good lookin' fish! Congrats on a good day.