Gmr 10/24/08

Discussion in 'Southwest Ohio Fishing Reports' started by fish4life, Oct 27, 2008.

1. Got out the Frog Toggs and did a little fishing in the rain Friday. Fished from about 8:30 till 11:30. Hit my usual spot and hooked a nice 2lb Smallmouth on the 3rd cast. She threw the hook right at the bank on me. fished the hole for about 30 minutes more and caught a 12" Smallie. The rain was pouring and it was cold... I decided to pack up and hit a spot with warm water discharge near it. Ended up catching about 12 or so in an hour there, mostly dinks but on was about 15". Fished until I could not feel my hands and toes. The rain was cold but it was still a fun morning. I am dealing with the aftermath now popping cold medicine as I type.

2. Sounds like you had some fun at least, I've been having poor luck on the GMR lately.
    Oddly enough since moving here from San Diego in April, 2006 I have not had a single cold or flu except for a stomach bug maybe 18 months ago. Back home I'd get 2-3 cold /flu bugs a year. My wife works with 4th graders so catchs every little sniffle and cough going around.