Gmr 10-16-08

Discussion in 'Southwest Ohio Fishing Reports' started by TomC, Oct 16, 2008.

1. Well I decided to hit the river instead of deer hunting today. Seemed a little too windy to sit in the stand. So I went and picked up the bait and hit the river around 8:30. Windy cloudy and cool.

I tried one spot and nothing so i decided to wade out in my shorts and have some fun. First cast out landed an 18" eye. Followed by a couple of smallies. Well it got around 2:30 and i had plenty of fish on the stringer and decided it was time to go home and warm up. For six hrs of fishing i went thru 4 doz bass minnows. Caught a total of 4 eyes, 1 crappie and bluegill and caught plenty of big rocks again. Felt like a repeat of yesterday.

Only real highlight was a hybrid striper around 6lbs or so. My spiderwire made mince meat of him so he didnt go far. Took a pic and let him go along with the large and smallies that were caught. Water was starting to get a little stained from the rain last night and the water temp still felt good.

Large bass minnows hooked in the tail tightlined on bottom is what almost everything hit on.