Ohio Game Fishing banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
586 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
TomC and I waded the Northern GMR wednesday morning to try our hand for whatever we could find. Water was down and warm. He had a couple blue gill and a little channel on live bait, I couldn't manage anything on rebel craws, rooster tails, tubes, jerk baits or anything else I threw into the water. After fishing all morning and not being able to find any kind of a pattern for the fish we called it a day around noon. Did anybody else have any luck on the GMR yesterday?

·
Registered
125 Posts
I went saturday afternoon between piqua and troy and waded 5 hrs and caught 3 smalls and 3 saugeye. We tried everything you did and the only this we were having luck with was #3 mepps aglia spinners. have not tried buzzbaits

·
Premium Member
3,828 Posts
When the rebel craw is not working, they aren't eating. Happened to me las night so I changed tactics and went to a bigger minnow.

·
Registered
125 Posts
Anybody have much luck with swimbaits like a mimic minnow spinner? I like cast and retrieve type lures because bottom lures like tubes and jigs I always snag and lose. or don't now how to fish right?

·
Registered
183 Posts
I went to the GMR in Troy yesterday and did well fishing for saugeyes. Try using a twistertail tipped with a minnow and casting it into the current with a slow retrieval.

·
Registered
196 Posts
If the bite is slow I cant almost always manage 1 or 2 on a tube. Try texas rigging the tube with an 1/8oz bullet sinker. 7-8-09 Was slow for me as well, me and my buddy did a float from trenton to hamilton and caught tons of channels and flats but only one smallie a piece couldnt figure them out, the good thing was the one I caught was a nice one heres a pic

1 - 10 of 10 Posts