close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

glucosimine/aching joint??

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by freyedknot, Jun 25, 2008.

1. freyedknot

freyedknot useless poster

does anybody take glucosimine condroitin for aching joints??? trolling and catching is harder than going to my real JOB.

2. Hook N Book

Hook N Book The Original Hot Rod Staff Member

Van
    I usually take about 1500mg a day of Glucosamine Sulfate. It'll take sometime before you actually feel any improvement. I started taking it about a year and half ago after a knee scope. My joints don't pop as much as they did but still will occasionally after sitting for extended periods. ;) And you're right, a long day of trolling can be very tiring...!

3. Glucosamine HC1 1500 mg + MSM 1500 mg
    The msm is a sulfur that helps the clucosamine make collagen, an important component of healthy joints.

I have been taking this for about three years, it works for me. But it does nothing for my wife. So I guess it works for some people and not others.

And it does take about 6 weeks before you notice any improvement in flexibility and range of motion.

Glucosamine is derived from shellfish. If you are allergic to shellfish you my want to give the doctor a call before taking this.

The best deal I have found is at Sam’s Club -- Member’s Mark , less than $15.00 for 250 tabs, 2 tabs a day, 125 days worth.

4. ParmaBass

ParmaBass Kiss The Converse

I've been taking the same stuff as Blue Pike and have had similar results. It might of been in my head, but I swore it started working about an hour after I started taking it. 6 months so far and I'm a believer!

5. I took it for about 2 months did not do anything for me. But I know people who swear by it, it won't hurt to try. I think it depends on your body whether it does anything or not.

6. Buick Riviera

Buick Riviera Willows and bass go together like beer and pizza.

I take Glucosamine ( 2 tabs =1500 mg per day). It works.

Buick

7. I tried them about 6 years ago and all I remember is that my joints were worse after taking them. Everybody is different, I guess.

8. BigDaddy300

BigDaddy300 multi species angler

An hour after taking it? Are you sure you were taking the same stuff as Blue Pike?:D Maybe I should start taking it because after the workout that I had last Saturday, I was kinda sore:p:D

9. Van-You just need a bigger boat! Buy mine-you can move around in it much easier!!
    (ps-My son was out by the crib last evening(Tues) and heard you on the radio. He said your info. helped him knock off several big eyes in 53 ft. on orange stingers! Thanks!)