Ohio Game Fishing banner
4141 - 4160 of 4201 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,529 Posts
I'd happily take those old heavy 6 guns off your hands, Drm50.
I think, after looking at your last photo, that we are alike in our revolver taste, all black ones and no stainless.
At one time, i had 8 to 10 stainless .357's. I have none, now. I believe the only stainless gun i own today, is a Ruger 10/22.

·
Registered
2,276 Posts
I'd happily take those old heavy 6 guns off your hands, Drm50.
I think, after looking at your last photo, that we are alike in our revolver taste, all black ones and no stainless.
At one time, i had 8 to 10 stainless .357's. I have none, now. I believe the only stainless gun i own today, is a Ruger 10/22.
I should get a picture of all them but it’s too much trouble. Taking ones out of boxes and cases, wiping them all off again, ect. Maybe getting one scratched against another. I had old buddy come by and had a bunch of S&Ws out. Buddy & Bro left me collection of finger prints to wipe. You can’t ignore guns. If you have a bunch of them in Ohio’s climate you best keep check on them. Humidity, temp change, ect. I had a Savage 24 ruined by a bug. Crawled in barrel and died. Caused bad rust and pitting in one spot.
No doubt the Glock boys will gloat over real guns rusting.

·
Registered
1,048 Posts
I should get a picture of all them but it’s too much trouble. Taking ones out of boxes and cases, wiping them all off again, ect. Maybe getting one scratched against another. I had old buddy come by and had a bunch of S&Ws out. Buddy & Bro left me collection of finger prints to wipe. You can’t ignore guns. If you have a bunch of them in Ohio’s climate you best keep check on them. Humidity, temp change, ect. I had a Savage 24 ruined by a bug. Crawled in barrel and died. Caused bad rust and pitting in one spot.
I don't think you left us anything to gloat about, you pretty much summed it up for us. And very well I might add.

·
Premium Member
2,529 Posts
Absolutely. I much rather have to clean it often than worry about the plastic falling apart.

4141 - 4160 of 4201 Posts