Ohio Game Fishing banner

3161 - 3180 of 3202 Posts

·
Registered
1,591 Posts
Drm50, where did you get that pretty flower holster? San Francisco? im sure bobk would like the info so he can get a few too...
I’m sorry to say that I just sold that carved holster for $100. Would like to have another one for $40.
Holsters are a lot like Glocks today. Poured out of plastic or stitched up out of synthetics. No class at all. In fact I’m looking for leather 1911 holster right now. Just got another 1911.

·
Registered
3,249 Posts
Never cared for all the hype about a glock, till I read the reviews on them what they could go through and still function.... my woods carry gun for a short time was one of the 1911's and every time I would feel it bump something working in the woods it needed replaced so why not a glock, something that is donated to the woods carry gun and don't care what it might go through (not that I'm hard on any gun owned) it's rarely not on my side at the cabin & woods

·
Registered
1,591 Posts
Biggest part of members are Buckeyes. I can see you flatlanders from around cities carrying a gun of appropriate caliber to deal with social menaces. What do you do with a center fire auto loading pistol in the woods? I have always found a 22 to be more useful but it has to be accurate too. I have shot and owned hundreds of handguns. Other than specialized Target Guns a 1911 is just as useless in the woods as a Glock.

·
Registered
1,591 Posts
Thats your opinion but here's a woods walker for you. Fire power and capacity. As far as I'm concerned a .357 mag is the best pistol cartridge ever produced.

Reguardless of what ones opinion of best caliber or best pistol, what are you going to shoot in Ohio woods with a 357mag.

·
the Susan Lucci of OGF
15,826 Posts
Discussion Starter #3,177

·
Premium Member
2,031 Posts
I've stayed out of this conversation for the most part, BUT i gotta agree with pops on this one, .357 is a more than efficient round. .357, in fact, is my preferred all around caliber.
I'm down to just three 357's now as i've slowly sold off most of my guns.
Anyway, keep this thread going, i get a real kick out of it. And EZ, you got big shoulders pal.

·
Registered
1,394 Posts
ez has big shoulders from the incredible time he spends futilely washing & waxing a BLACK vehicle! ;)

3161 - 3180 of 3202 Posts