Ohio Game Fishing banner

3141 - 3160 of 3202 Posts

·
the Susan Lucci of OGF
15,826 Posts
Discussion Starter #3,141
Sold my M1 and 1903a3 couple yrs ago. I found a bunch of GI military ammo, some in clips and some Tracers. Still have clips too. Guy at Cambridge gun show had M1 clipped ball for [email protected] and was doing alright selling them. I’ve got a good bit of 7.62 NATO ball too. I have don’t have any Military rifles left. Got m70 308 & m95 30/06.
How much did you get for the 1903? I have 2 I think I’d like to sell

·
Registered
1,591 Posts
Mine was not collector grade but good shooter. I got $750 for it. There are different 03s like GI 1911s make sure you find out what you got before selling. People are nuts on WW2 stuff these days.

·
Registered
697 Posts
My son paid $750 for his at the CMP at Perry last month. He made sure it had a 1943 barrel. Receiver was a '45 and the bolt a '39. He wanted something from that time period over anything else. Barrel wasn't bad, 2+ on the muzzle and 2 at the throat. Shot great. If someone wants to buy one, CMP is the ONLY way to go. Price is 50% higher anywhere else.

·
Registered
3,249 Posts
Got my Garand on here from a member so many years ago, amazed me the lack of recoil with no butt padding ..... unlike a old 30remington from a uncle , shoulder was kinda sore after slugs , but that finished the job and shot great both guns..... if ever hog hunting out of state I believe the 30 Remington would make the trip

·
Registered
1,394 Posts
My son paid $750 for his at the CMP at Perry last month. He made sure it had a 1943 barrel. Receiver was a '45 and the bolt a '39. He wanted something from that time period over anything else. Barrel wasn't bad, 2+ on the muzzle and 2 at the throat. Shot great. If someone wants to buy one, CMP is the ONLY way to go. Price is 50% higher anywhere else.
Seems like a bargain, but CMP’s website isn’t very encouraging = not many available & getting a real “shooter” sounds a little doubtful. ☹

Thoughts?

·
Registered
697 Posts
Seems like a bargain, but CMP’s website isn’t very encouraging = not many available & getting a real “shooter” sounds a little doubtful. ☹

Thoughts?
Make the drive to Camp Perry. The CMP store there is closed until January. You have to make an appointment although we did because we were there for a shoot and just popped in. Had to wait a bit though to be let in. They had plenty to choose from unless like some guys your looking for some rare serial numbers. They range from $650-1100.
If its a shooter your after $1100 gets you a new barrel & new wood but the receiver, trigger group and other components are GI surplus.

·
Registered
1,591 Posts
I got no use for CMP. There is still enough good stuff in woodwork to kick out. The best WW2 stuff was short stroked before it went overseas. Liberated by guys stateside Quartermasters. The best M1s and 1911s came from such guys or their heirs. There were thousands of guns released in 50s by DCM. Krags, 03s, Enfields, 1917 revolvers. We’re $10- 20 back then and they are still out there in attics and garages.

·
Registered
2,789 Posts
Ez if that is the classiest photo you have seen in awhile I think you need to look at more pics. Like maybe a pic of a city dump to see something classier than that pic.🤣🤣🤣

·
Registered
2,789 Posts
That should be enough padding to stop you from getting hurt if he shoots you. Now if he throws the Glock that might hurt a bit more. 🤣 🤣 🤣

3141 - 3160 of 3202 Posts