Ohio Game Fishing banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,301 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, on Friday, I picked up a brand new Glock 30. First Glock that I've owned....and my New Year's Resolution was to be more like EZ Bite.

The slide release is VERY difficult to engage. As in, you almost need two hands or a set of work gloves on to engage it. (It's also very hard to take down and it seems like the take down mechanism is also fighting me.)

The gun is brand new and has never been shot, cleaned, or oil/lubed.

Is this typical on some Glocks? Should I first apply some CLP or equivalent to the slide release? Will this go away as the gun gets broken in?

I know that an extended slide release is available....but I don't think I should have to get one for a brand new gun.

Any thoughts or good jokes are appreciated.

Much thanks!!

p.s. - how much does it typically cost to have a gunsmith install some Trijicon or equivalent sigths on a Glock 30? Or is this something that I can do myself?

Reactions: ezbite

·
the Susan Lucci of OGF
15,866 Posts
I think night sights are a waste of money, got em on 2 of my babies and honestly don't use em. I do have Black blade sights I fixed on my G23 using a sharpie I like it better.. but if you want the new sights, I'll do it for $788 and a foot massage by fastwawa.. Bobk hands are to soft..

·
the Susan Lucci of OGF
15,866 Posts
I'll also tell you a SECRET.. first everyone wants to be more like me.. not sure why?? Second.. grab that pistol (unloaded of course) and push the top of the slide (above the barrel) down on the edge your bench so the barrel misses the edge and the release lifts up easily with your free hand..

·
Registered
1,301 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Just shoot it and quit being a *****.. it'll break in.
I just found that exact advice/wording in the owner's manual!! :)

·
Registered
1,301 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
By the way, I'm not a fan of the .45 reguardless of platform.. I just think it's a slow load.. I do like The 10 round mags

https://us.glock.com/en/pistols/g30-gen4
Most of my handguns are 9MM, 45 ACP, and 40 S&W. I like to mostly shoot 9 and 45.
I'm not a huge fan of the 40 any more....but I got my hands on a Beretta 96 Elite a few years ago that is a great/possibly my favorite gun.
The Glock is my first compact handgun that I bought for CCW purposes. I really enjoy shooting my Beretta 92 & 96s and Ruger P Series.....but they are so big that they don't make for good Carry Guns....other than the fact they've been 100% reliable.

Reactions: ezbite

·
Registered
1,301 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
What a disgrace to a fine hat.
Hoping he has the Wash Down and Vinyl Floor options on that boat when the "mother load" hits.......

Reactions: joebertin and bobk
1 - 15 of 15 Posts