close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Glo Powder Paint

Discussion in 'Tackle Talk' started by peon, Sep 29, 2005.

1. peon

peon account delete

i just got my order a couple of days ago and just now tryed it out i got 1 oz. of blue glo powder and it rocks!! it is so bright!!! i love it and recomend it from this company.. http://www.glowpaintpro.com/Default.asp

2. RiverRat

RiverRat Banned

I highly recommend:
    www.glowmates.com

Not sure about your "glow" paint, but Glowmates will glow for 12 hrs. after charging it up...longest lasting glow paint ive found yet!!

Scott

3. peon

peon account delete

thanks ill give it a look at... this stuff glows a long time too... but its only a glo color it has a clear looking day time color... and i hate their shipping .. its in freeking canada so it took about 2 weeks

4. crappielooker

crappielooker The Corn Chucker

i'll also recommend the glowmates paint.. after spending 3 days next to their booth in chicago, i know it'll glow bright for awhile.. and a bottle last forever especially if all you're using is for jigs..

5. peon

peon account delete

those glo colors .... are they the same glo in the dark color as they are in the day light???? and its only liquid paint????

6. crappielooker

crappielooker The Corn Chucker

so far, i know they only have liquid paint.. they have a slight color to them in the daylight..

7. peon

peon account delete

well im starting to like this powder stuff.. its done in no time.. no drying time .. and i have not much space so im always woried that someone is going to nock them and they all stick together... thanks for the site if i find out i dont like powder it looks good!!

8. peon

peon account delete

ok here is what iv done.... i put the powder on and now put it in the oven to cure it... i see i put way to much powder on them... but some of them also turned brown.. put it in for 10 mins at 350... anyone have a clue why this happened?? what do you guys do with jigs that are messed up???? iv melted some of the paint and lead off will that hurt to reuse the hooks???

9. peon

peon account delete

this glo powder is awsome... it hides pin holes in mettal!!! i put a chartruse green powder on them baked it on then put the clear coat of blue glo on and baked that on!!! man this stuff is awsome i used it as a 2nd coat... goes on clear but glo's !!! i cant tell a difference in the powder and my liquid.. but the powder hides pin holes and is a lot faster of a process!!! bet i never buy liquid jig paint again..... :D just need to get some diffrent color.. best thing is that i can use the powder coating from work.. just go with a ziplock baggie and chose my colors!!!!

10. Sounds to me like you preheated too hot. You can always add more heat after your first dip if its not hot enough. Once you get it all figured out you'll fly through them. I trade my crappie tails for lead heads and just paint them myself. I use a paint marker to do the eyes. Much faster and easier.Glenn

11. peon

peon account delete

i sharpie marker my eyes on

12. RiverRat

RiverRat Banned

Also, the glowmates sells epoxy glowpaint...i have the newer paint, not the epoxy.

Its also great for those night anglers the like to watch thier rod tips...LOADS cheaper and easier than those dumb glow sticks.
    If you check out thier site, you can get lures already painted, bobbers and even soft plastic baits.

Scott

13. Once you use powder paint, you will never use anything else. Unlimited shelf life and easy to use. Pro-tec makes a great powder paint. It is much finer than other powder paints. There are a ton of different colors including a line of new super glow paints that are supposed to glow for a long time. www.tjstackle.com has a great selection and great prices.

Happy Fishing

14. Peon,
    You baked it to long and burnt it.
    Turn your oven down to 330.
    Or cut back on the time your baking it.
    You just need to melt it together to achieve results.
    Bet your temp gauge is not right on the money.
    I make Power Coating for a living.
    Just ask and I put you on the cpmpany name.
    We make all types and colours of coatings.
    Flat, low to ultra high gloss. Neons, Metal flakings, Etc.

Epoxy, Polys, Hybrids.

15. peon

peon account delete

walleye guy thanks.... i already figured it out... i also powdercoat for a living too.... neat to do it on a very small downsized oven lol