close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

givin some love (take 2)

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by discgolfer, Apr 1, 2005.

1. first off, i do love my job. i work for a company that has over 300 branches in the usa. during the course of the day i spend anywhere from 10-40% of my time dealing with problems. some are our fault, most are the customers. anyway, there is a hotline for our customers to call at corporate. they log the calls and pass them thru the channels down to the branch. it is amazing how 90% of these calls are negative petty crap mixed in with a stray attaboy. we received 1 from corporate the other day. a customer who spent 95% of his money in parma went all the way to the top to complain that he didn't get a christmas present from the canton branch. if they only knew all the hoops we jump through to pull that rabbit out of our butts and bail out the customer. i dont think we've quite reached cabelas level of satisfaction, but we are close. i believe that if someone really does an outstanding job for you, they should receive a little praise to their higher ups. if they are terrible-tell everyone too.

today i ran for lunch to wendys on w tusc. in canton. hit the drive thu, had a massive order. asked for no mustard on my 2 burgers, as the screen reflected. got to the window (1 guy requested i bring 2 bbq sauce back) and asked for them. the chick gave me 1. when she went back for a second, a guy who i assumed was the manager (and turned out to be) asked her why. then he asked me why. i explained that someone wanted them for the chicken sandwiches, and he gave it to me.

get back to the branch and walked into another "emergency". i put that fire out and eventually divied up the food. starving, i bite into my double cheeseburger. mmmmm, mustard. now i'm starving, dying from mustard poisoning, and i cant leave to find anything edible. so i called wendys. i asked for the manager and told him i was the guy that asked for 2 bbq sauces. i explained my delima to him. less than 10 minutes later he was at my work with 2 fresh mustard free burgers. that man gets the thumbs up award. i just gave him accolades at wendys corp office, and thought i'd spread it here too. have you ever dreamed of a fastfood joint coming to you to fix their screw-up?

when was the last time someone went out of their way to make sure you were satisfied? did you let their boss know?

2. peon

peon account delete

man you know thats awsome.. i could only wish to get service like that... i usually dont bother callin or goin back in ..good to hear you got some good service though..

3. H2O Mellon

H2O Mellon Hangin' With My Gnomies

Man, sure is good. Give WENDY's a hand, (insert bad joke here:) OR A FINGER! (Ha, Ha, Ha, I'm so funny)

4. Ruminator

Ruminator TeamOGF

Thanks for sharing that discgolfer. Its a great story and a credit to that manager. ;) At least we know that at that place the customer still comes first. :cool:

5. mrfishohio

mrfishohio Recovering Fishaholic

Do they deliver to Cincinnati ? I'd like a single with cheese, mustard, onion and pickle please.
    Man, that's a great manager they have there, and you might even call him & tell them how all your cyber fishing pals think so too. :rolleyes:

6. Thats was cool... Maybe you should call the local TV station too...

7. sorry clyde, but it's not quite tv newsworthy.

the guy took care of me and i just wanted to spread the word. more of us should do that!

8. bill_gfish

bill_gfish Well, Gee Whiz!

Mc Donalds once messed up my wifes order and she called them and they brought the right stuff to her and I believe they asked and brought a complimentary sunday of some sort. You don't see it often but when ya do it is great.

bill