close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Girls Fastpitch

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Mean Morone, Jun 12, 2005.

1. Ok, how many have daughters in fastpitch. I have two daughters invovled in fastpitch. Both are pitchers/thirdbaseman. My oldest daughter who is in her freshman year, got to play breifly for the varsity team. That team was loaded with talented girls that got to go to the state tourney. Girls fastpitch has come a long way. These girls are very good and could give most boys baseball teams of equal age a rough way to go.

2. One in 12/U, one in 8/U. I coached them in slow pitch for five years, had to turn the reigns over last year when they went to fastpitch due to work schedule. I pitch for the 8U team (coach's pitch) when I can make it. My daughter there had went the entire season without making an out until yesterday and I struck her out. I felt so bad :( . It's great watching them play. Hopefully in the future they will both be on their school team... :D

3. Phil Carver

Phil Carver Team Bass Xtreme

I have 2 girls that are in softball now . They are 12 & 9 years old . I can say that it is nothing like it was when I was their age . Man can those girls pitch fast ! One other thing , since when do bats cost over $200 ! I about lost it when I saw some of the prices at the stores . My girls better be happy with the $75 bats they got !

4. johnboy111711

johnboy111711 SOLID MEAT

i can't believe the prices of the bats where i work either. they get expensive....I can get you a discount though....

5. shuvlhed1

shuvlhed1 Banned

You obviously don't play men's slowpitch softball. Try to find a bat for that for $200. I just paid almost $250 for mine and it was dirt cheap. Friends have paid $300 for the same bat. And that is just the average.

6. I remember when I was 18 and laughed when one of the girls pitchers at the local HS said she could strike me out.

I didn't laugh very long.