close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Girle Fish???

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Flathead King 06, Jul 15, 2007.

1. Flathead King 06

Flathead King 06 click...click...click

Heard this from a buddy yesterday at a cookout...being a native of PA, he was telling me that the local rivers where he grew up are having problems with pollution, specifically estrogenic substances, being dumped into the rivers. The chemicals are starting to effect the catfish in the manner that the male fish are producing eggs and female organs...pretty weird stuff...here is a link to the story...Female Catfish???...moderators...if the link shouldnt be here just remove it...thanks for understanding

2. NorthSouthOhioFisherman

NorthSouthOhioFisherman The Young Outdoorsman

that aint good. like larry's famous christmas carrol~
    u better watch out
    i think shes a guy
    i aint quite sure but somethin' aint rite~
    hillary clinton is comin 2 town~lol :)

3. The same type of thing is going on with smallmouth in the Potomac River due to waste & pollution. Fish are having both male & female sex organs, I believe, from what my brother-in-law tells me. He works for a WV fish hatchery and has mentioned to me quite a few times.

4. Read a report in a science journal ( will try to find and link or paste) about htis issue. It seems that when waste water is "recycled" it is cleaned for bacteria, viruses, and physical pollution (trash and matter) but not for hormones. When a tampon is flushed the hormone laden blood/etc dilutes into the water. Other sources also, but most direct is fluid/blood was my understanding. Again, I will try to find the article I read and document it.

Huntinbull