Ohio Game Fishing banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2,948 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Gill fishing, with all the rain we received in the last few days I decided not to venture up to Alum this weekend. From the pics that net showed I'm glad that I stayed away.
I went gill fishing instead and believe I hit the mother load. I fished in a few ponds down around Lancaster and caught several gills in the 8 to 9 inch range. All big females taken off their beds.
Now they are in my freezer.

·
Registered
1,196 Posts
Way to go. Nothing like having some gill dinners every once in awhile. That reminds me that my freezer is empty, have to stock it back up a little!

·
Registered
2,021 Posts
Snyd said:
Gill fishing, with all the rain we received in the last few days I decided not to venture up to Alum this weekend. From the pics that net showed I'm glad that I stayed away.
I went gill fishing instead and believe I hit the mother load. I fished in a few ponds down around Lancaster and caught several gills in the 8 to 9 inch range. All big females taken off their beds.
Now they are in my freezer.

Where did you fish down there? I fish down there alot and was just wondering if they were any of the places I fish. Rockmill, Greenfield?

fishintiger

·
Registered
2,948 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Fishintiger, a friend of mine took me and it was the first time I have every been there. I can tell you that the pond we were in was just passed Rockmill. It had cat-tails almost all around the pond. This pond is probably a good ice fishing pond and will try it out this winter.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts