close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Gills at Portage?

Discussion in 'Northeast Ohio Fishing Reports' started by crooked stripe, Sep 28, 2004.

1. crooked stripe

crooked stripe fishn and flyn

Any one been fishing for gills on the Portage Lakes lately? Not had much time to fish this summer but things are winding down for now and would like to put some in the freezer for the winter just in case there isn't much hard water. I will be headed for East this week fishing the deep spots, have always done well there.

2. Well let me tell you this I went to east res. saturday and caught over a hundred bluegill / perch. they are schooled up and feeding with a frenzy. They hit everything i threw. waxworms, maggots, you name it. about four feet down around shore line.

3. KSUFLASH

KSUFLASH respect our rivers please

They are stacked up over the deep weed beds. At least thats what my aqua vu showed me!!! :D :D :D :D

Went out Friday and scouted places. Looks like gills are pounding the heck out of the zebra mussles, due to the empty shells are loaded up all over the lakes bottom.

flash------------------------out

4. where is east res. ive been trying to find it but i cant.also how big r the gills and perch .also when r u fishing(what time)

5. Just out from the clock tower. there is an island and they were all around it, it runs all the way over to south main st. Put boat in at old state park and went down the channel (steel channel) into east resivor, it is right out by the speed lanes Hope this helps.

6. By the way they were under the big stump hanging in the water around the island.