Ohio Game Fishing banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
148 Posts
So I wondered, do all you big cat guys release them or take them home for the freezer? Is it just the thrill of the chase, or do you enjoy eating them that much? Nothing politically charged in the question, everyone to his own needs and pleasures. Just curiosity. The biggest I ever caught was a comparatively meager 5 lb channel. Although I have caught a couple 40 lb halibut in Alaska (also considered meager by the locals who want 100+) - and those ARE good eating and about $15.00/lb in the stores. BTW that's a dead haul up from 80 feet. Thank G-d they don't give any fight.

·
Registered
137 Posts
So I wondered, do all you big cat guys release them or take them home for the freezer? Is it just the thrill of the chase, or do you enjoy eating them that much? Nothing politically charged in the question, everyone to his own needs and pleasures. Just curiosity. The biggest I ever caught was a comparatively meager 5 lb channel. Although I have caught a couple 40 lb halibut in Alaska (also considered meager by the locals who want 100+) - and those ARE good eating and about $15.00/lb in the stores. BTW that's a dead haul up from 80 feet. Thank G-d they don't give any fight.

I think that most people release most catfish!! With the consumption advisory on the Ohio river and many other bodies of water, it wouldn't be crazy to keep all of them..I think the advisory is something like a meal a month or maybe less than that..

·
Registered
1,143 Posts
the freak,in NETTER,S do enoff of that. the real sportsmen put,im back for the next sports men to enjoy. thanks to all those who catch and release.:)

·
Registered
986 Posts
I was thinking of hitting the Ohio this weekend, totally going for sure now.

Man what a blast that must have been, congrats!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts