close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Giant Bluegill

Discussion in 'Southeast Ohio Fishing Reports' started by rustyhook36, May 30, 2007.

1. :B GOT INTO THE BIG GILLS TODAY. WHAT A FUN DAY OF FISHING. MY ULTRA-LIGHT GOT A WORK OUT . GAUGHT 25 FISH OHIO BLUEGILL. THE BIGGEST WAS ALMOST 12 INCHES LONG!!! THAT ONE IS GOING ON THE WALL. :D [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

2. Congrats on that huge Gil! Be sure to check out the work of your selected taxidermist prior to having the fish mounted. That is too fine a catch to get a "cheap job" done. Thanks for sharing.

3. Darwin

Darwin If your gonna be a bear..

Nice catch and a fine meal you have there. Just a little fyi that 12 incher in your picture is a red ear.;)

4. Those are some nice gills. Did you get them in a pond or a lake?

5. bimhoff07

bimhoff07 I'd rather be fishin'.

Very impressive gill outing! 12" is HUGE!

6. :d Went Back To Jisco Lake Again Today. Caught 18 More Fish Ohio Gills And Sunfish. 6 Were Over 10 Inches. The Spawn Is In Full Swing At This Lake. The Big Bulls Are On The Nests. I Took The Wife With Me Today So She Could Have Some Fun With These Big Gills. We Had The Lake To Ourself Today. Had A Nice Little Fish Fry For Dinner Tonight. Man Are Those Some Tasty Fish!! When One Bluegill Makes A Nice Sandwich That Is A Nice Gill!! I Have The Lake Reserved For This Sun. Mon. And Tue. Can't Wait To Get Back At Em!!!

7. Fishpro

Fishpro Northcoast Madman

I thought that too.;)

8. Mushijobah

Mushijobah Urban Angler

9. Thanks Guys. Yes The Big One Is A Red Ear. My Mistake . Thanks For Correcting Me. I Actually Caught A Mix Of Big Bluegill And Red Ear. Great Fun On An Ultra-light. I Managed To Get The Lake For Tommorrow. I Will Post Results When I Get Home.

10. Another Great Day On Jisco Lake Today. Caught 14 More Fish Ohio Gills And Red Ears. Also Caught And Released A Couple Of Nice Bass. Only One Other Boat On The Lake Today.

11. mirrocraft mike

mirrocraft mike Now in a Alumacraft

Glad i checked out the southeast section .That's one big gill along with a nice batch of others .
    Congrats