close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

GFO is BACK!

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by dip, Apr 9, 2004.

1. dip

dip dip

well, maybe tomorrow! :p :eek:

2. Phil Carver

Phil Carver Team Bass Xtreme

3. DaleM

DaleM Original OGF Staff Member

Not back yet guys, It says it will be back on tonight. Guess you'll have to wait and see if it really happens this time. :confused:

4. flathunter

flathunter Mellons mentor

gfo forums are open now.

5. Phil Carver

Phil Carver Team Bass Xtreme

And ? :D Whats so good about it ?

6. flathunter

7. Seems like a long time ago...the place is a ghost town

8. mrfishohio

mrfishohio Recovering Fishaholic

Guess it means anyone who paid their $12.00 can't get it back. There was some grumblings about contrats, etc. Anyway, it's got a new look, something like this, but not near as slick or sophisticated. As much as I used to love GFO, I think I'll do the majority of my posting here, especially my pictures so I can continue to link to my various friends on the net without them being forced to log on and pay $12.00 for what I posted free.
    Thanks Ohio Gamefishing Team for giving us a choice. :rolleyes:

9. Ruminator

Ruminator TeamOGF

From the whole Team, you are most welcome. :)

- Jim

10. H2O Mellon

H2O Mellon Hangin' With My Gnomies

well i went back, printed out a couple PM's and made a final post. I'm done, never to be there again! But hey I did crack 1K posts, ended up w/ 1001.

11. bill_gfish

bill_gfish Well, Gee Whiz!

Melon, I lurked. you got 1002. LIAR :D :eek:

Bill

12. dip

dip dip

i'm red faced! :eek: :eek: :eek: who'da ever thunk gfo would return from the dead :confused: i might lurk there but this is my home!

13. flathunter

stick around dip, I will continue my lessons.

14. Now very happy to be part the team that made the other site (what was that called? oh well) great glad to see others here. bring on the members we can make this site the best there is tell everyone!

15. flathunter

I want to respond to the thread about catking, but I think it's best to leave it alone..That site has lost most all of it's top posters, and is a shell of it's former self.

16. DaleM

Thanks guys for the support. WE are trying to make this a better place and a more enjoyable place. I tried to sign on to GFO tonight to post a few things and was not allowed access. Not sure why and don't really care to pursue it. I did get to read a few post about us, (Our site) and some members. I will say I truely hope Erich get a better hold on it quick, I saw lots of arguements, and name calling just as it was before they shut down. Several old members the entire mod crew and myself were talked about badly. I went out of my way to promote GFO, never said a bad word about GFO and for what, to get called about every bad name you can thing of. I myself will never visit the site again, unless I recieve something from them for the remarks made againist the members here.If someone on here here's that on GFO then someone here will have to post that. I have moved on to a much better, friendly site that I will promote more than anything. I hope we, the staff of OGF can count on each and everyone of you to do the same.I want to personally thank each and everyone of our new members for joining us. We look forward to many years of your company.

17. H2O Mellon

Dale, Its sort of funny becasue your pic is on the front page now of GFO. Jack your right its better to leave it alone, BUT heck, I may have some fun w/ it! :D

18. mrfishohio

mrfishohio Recovering Fishaholic

We all did alot to make GFO a great place to spend time & make new friends. Things changed for whatever reasons. I'm sure there's alot more than any or most of us will ever know. It's like moving from one school to another one, you'll miss it, but then alot of the same kids are in this school too ! :eek: I'm not going to bash GFO, if someone there wants to bash me, or anywhere else for that matter, then bash on. I can still outfish 90% of ya'll anyway !!!! :D :D :D
    If the old site isn't having major problems now, when the mandatory $12.00 fee is enacted on all those grandfathered in, I think it will have a major impact. Of course most if not all of the technical help has moved on and so has the majority of the top posters. It's like an old friend who's moved away, I'm glad I can still make new friends and friends I've not met yet too.
    God bless GFO and long live Ohio Gamefishing . Com :)

19. DaleM

Mr. Fish:
    I'm not bashing GFO at all. Just upset to see the way it is heading. Like I said before I dought if very many member were as devoted to GFO as I was. Almost everyday I promoted GFO, in fact my plates were GOFISHO. But like many I have moved on as I didn't feel that I got anything back in return. I wish them well, but as you said when the $12.00 become mandatory I think our numbers will grow even faster than they are now. I paid the $12.00 right when it was mentioned. Do I regret that? No, that was my choice. My choice now is to leave before anything else would cause me to say something against them. Being a staff member here is a good feeling as I feel we will do things different and better, learning from mistakes. Again I want to thank the ones that have joined us and plan on making many more friends in the future.

20. H2O Mellon

Yea Jack you were right, but man I wanted to voice my opinon real bad. Baitloser is sticking up for GFO big time & he & I were getting into it pretty good, but I edited some posts & decided that thats probally it w/ being over there. The funny thing is that Erich I think delted the thread wehre I asked him to comment on things, so now baitloser is like being a bodyguard for Ercih. Oh well, im done there!