close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

GFO closed???

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by justme, May 31, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. glad you guys made this site. Gfo down or out? AGAIN. Thought we could do both but the other never seems to work anymore. Anyone know if he closed up the site or not? oh well...fishing tuesday and wednesday will be back..

2. mrfishohio

mrfishohio Recovering Fishaholic

Sorry to hear that if it's true, you could say this site is an extension, or evolution (new and much improved version) of it. I was hoping they would develope new members to keep it afloat. This site is much more a premium site, even though when it came back on it had a similar format. Why anyone would pay for that when this site is free is beyond me, so it's demise is almost certain in time. It was certainly the best in it's time, now this is, and not by just a little bit, but by multiples. You know? Not like 20% or 30% better, but 2 or 3 times better ! :p
    It was started by the same person who started this site. So all the mistakes from there. didn't carry over to here. Long live OGF !! :)

I made alot of friends & learned alot there and fortunately most all of them are here now too. :D

3. Lewis

Lewis ORIGINAL TEAM OGF

One of the things that makes OGF unique is we are not dependant on one person.We have a team of guys running the site who are constantly looking for ways to improve it,and provide the best service to our members.
    We will never be satisfied with the status quo.
    Thanks for the great compliments Mrfishohio! :D

4. ShakeDown

ShakeDown OGF Staff Staff Member Admin

Thanks for the props!

I would say it's more of an evolution, as we have taken what we've learned and have applied it here. For the record, the persons who started OGF are listed here . Captnroger should definitely be credited for the initiative, and bringing the squad together. It took a small army to take this site from an idea to live in two weeks, not to mention the backbone of support everyone has shown.

Getting back on the subject ;), I too agree that the GFO saga is looking rather grim. I don't harbor any ill-will, and hope they can make good by the remaining members. Love it or leave it, GFO did have a huge impact on the Ohio internet fishing community. That we can all appreciate.

5. Thanks for the votes of confidence. Someone else here said long ago, the members make a site what it it. I think you ALL deserve a pat on the back.

One place to make that a reality is the OGF outing. If you have any questions, please ask. There are numerous threads about it and more to follow. LOTS of things going on there, LOTS of great door prize giveaways, etc.

So show up and you'll be rewarded. Not a simple pat on the back, but stuff you can use and touch. You'll get to meet a lot of people who frequent here and may firm up some budding friendships. It's to help us get to know each other better and do some good for the less fortunate through a canned food drive.

Carl

6. GFO is still down, they say it's for maintenance. I have no hard feelings towards them but the way things have been going lately over there I don't think many people will notice if it stays down for a while. Congrats on this site it is exactly what we need FISHING information, not bickering and bashing each other like the other site had turned into.

Scott

7. Lewzer

Lewzer Powderfinger

I second mrfishohio's comments.

8. JBJ

JBJ

I was very happy to have stumbled onto GFO last year. I had wondered why there weren't hardly any Ohio members on the national forums I was on. After seeing how many members were on GFO, I understood. It is a shame what caused OGF to come about but we are all benefiting from its creation. I agree 100% that this site is many times better. I have met a good many new friends and hope to meet more over time.

9. Can we get our 12 bucks back from GFO? Ok since the site was up for a few months I will only take $8 back from them.
    Good job on the site!!!!!
    Lets go fishing!!!

10. captnroger

captnroger OGF Webmaster

That's enough talk about GFO.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.