Ohio Game Fishing banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Getting the banjominnow set always wanted to try it for bass and crappie fishing. I will let u guy know how it works out. I will try it in parts of lake erie and the chargin river.

·
TeamOGF
6,989 Posts
...let us know how you do. I caught one of my biggest bass ever on one. It went over five pounds. (bucket mouth) ;)

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Iam getting the kit that they advertize on tv. Did you order yours or get it at a bait shop or sportinggood store???

·
Registered
749 Posts
I would like to know where you can get the banjo minnow bodies. We ordered a kit on a whim while on vacation a few years back. Used it weightless and the bass could not resist it. It even worked well on the more heavily pressured fish here in Ohio.

The first time we used it I had my 2 youngest sisters in my boat. I rigged one up and before I could rig the 2nd, I was netting a 3# smallie, before I could tie the 2nd one on the line I was netting a 4# smallie. By the time I was ready to rig one up for myself, I was too busy helping my sisters with their fish. I think they had about 7 or 8 fish before I could cast.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Not sure i would guess like a big outdoors store like gander mountain. Thats cool from hearing your story it makes me look foward to the lure even more. I think thats a good deal getting 158 set at 38 dollers. Iam getting tomorrow. Also i like the idea of having a glow in the dark one for unclear waters and night time fishing.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Do u know of anygood places in lake erie to use it. I dont have a boat i tried it at the fishing peer by the power plate in eastlake. It was to rough and merky there also i did get a ton of hits but the fish i think were as big as the lure lol. But i did get one big hit i think it was a sheep head.

·
Registered
749 Posts
Chevred- We always caught the most fish on it using it weightless. Let it spiral down a bit and give a few subtle twitchs of the rod tip. We caught fish from shore and on the boat. If you are fishing water deeper than, say 10 feet or so, you may want to use a weighted hook to get it to drop a bit quicker. If I remember correctly, we had the most success on the 3 to 4" lure bodies in the clear flake w/a black back. Also, we used 6 and 4 # test line, it gives a more realistic drop rate.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Cool i just went to vets park for 2 hours and caught a 2 pound small mouth and a 1 pound so it lest i know it works?? Very life like action in the water.

·
Registered
657 Posts
received as a gift the banjo minnow off tv 8 years ago, never opened the package until 2 years ago, i have yet to try them, but I sent a few to my dad who retired to florida and swears by it and says the bass prefer the banjo to anything else in his box

·
Registered
1,512 Posts
i got the set from my aunt and shortly after i refuse to ever buy anything off of tv. They seemed like a complete joke to me. The same same aunt gave me the walking worm. It was just as bad. But if you want to try it good luck. I hope they work better for you.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts