Getting SLLOOOOWWER?

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by ress, Dec 12, 2008.

1. ress

ress

Anyone notice this site is getting really slow? Seems to be really slow today. Is it just on my end? Any thoughts?

2. fishingguy

fishingguy The Inferior Fisherman

Seems normal to me.

3. creekcrawler

creekcrawler Konfused Kayaker

Well, lakes are freezing over, but not good enough to ice fish, rivers are either blown out or icing up, people are trying to get ready for the holidays. Just a lull time in the fishing, I'd guess.

4. Yes, opening ogf forums & threads has been very slow for me today but so have some of our network apps here at work. I assumed it was on my end.

5. fishingredhawk

fishingredhawk Ohio Hawg Hunter

It's probably your computer or internet connection. I never have issues with it.

6. It's always slow to load for me, and it's not a problem on this end. Not a big deal, but certainly slower loading pages than other sites.

7. I've never had a problem with the load time. I would check your internet connection.

8. It is on again, off again regarding load time. This is without a doubt the slowest loading site I visit.

9. Probably not this site, but the various "advertising sites" that are pulled in when you navigate from page to page. Watch the bottom of the browser to see the redirects to things like "googleleads...", "photobucket...", etc. Waits for these sites, which are a bit more busier this time of year due to increased shopping, increase to make the navigation within this site seem slower.

10. BigDaddy300

BigDaddy300 multi species angler

Same problem here. Seems to have started for me some time ago when new ads were added. It is definately, as shortdrift stated, the slowest site I visit.

11. N...E....E...D... MO....RE..... RAM:)

Cheap and easy way to upgrade- try newegg.com and DIY if you got room.

nip

12. I don't frequent the other forums but with my job I do visit many other sites daily. I have found nothing in recently that has slowed down here. If you have not been doing it I suggest that you regularly run one of the ad-ware removal programs. Some of those things can be major problems. If you have the Google or Yahoo toolbars I suggest trashing those as well. They are nothing but a drag to slow you down. You may already know about these. I am just bringing them up in case someone does know.

13. seethe303

seethe303 Senior Executive Member

The site usually is nice and quick for me, but at least once a day it just won't load and I have to hit refresh.

This happens on several different networks, so I know it isn't the machine I'm using.